Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hee, errm started off just a tag, but then realised it's far too long, then just post lah.

Congrats TH for being able to graduate in 1 yr and I am sure you are happy with all your enriching experiences.

But i have to say I agree that NS is an impt part of life (a guy's life) and it sure is memorable. It is also the sole thing that can bond Sporean guys together, regardless of their age and I admire that.

I go to a party with Mr Goh and I would have to try hard to strike up conversation with other strangers and try and get a good conversation going. Depending on their interests and mine, sometimes it is not so smooth. But oh, just watch the men.... They just need to group together, and once talk veers to NS and what they did or which section they are from ( I dunno the terms lah...).. but it's just amazing how they click.. and they can be young as 18, older like Mr Goh at 32, or even 60.

The other thing I realise that is good about that, is the extra knowledge gained about weapons and warfare. You know how little boys love that? Well my sons are super interested when they spot an aircraft in the air, be it a helicopter or airplane. Or lets say they are watching NDP or they saw a rifle on TV, they are soooo excited and have tons of Qs abt that. I am unable to answer anything. So enter Mr Goh, who will tell my son what kind of airplane that is, what rifle, and how it is used. And sometimes it happens to be something he had used himself during NS, so he can tell his story (his glorious moments of the past). Well, I have to say, I like witnessing those father-son bonding moments!

And oh ya, when he has to return for reservist, it is very sian for me, that's a minus... But then I have to understand he has a duty to the country and he actually enjoys meeting all his old friends again, and they usually have a blast of a time catching up.

I guess, the tax rebates he and I get (for being NSmen's wife) also compensate, plus the extra increment he gets when he started working, else I'd be having higher pay than him, haha.

Ok, thus ends my National Education post, haha.

Aiyah, it is to give hope and encouragement to all those doing NS now lah. Take heart!

Tianhan, I am going to Boston in June, prob late June, any chance to meet up? At New York? I prob don't have the time to drive to Michigan... too far north... :-)


tjmummy rocking off at 3:12 AM

***





Hwa Chong Junior College
03S73

sentosa 2003

prom 2004


[[* February 2005 *]]
[[* March 2005 *]]
[[* April 2005 *]]
[[* May 2005 *]]
[[* June 2005 *]]
[[* July 2005 *]]
[[* August 2005 *]]
[[* September 2005 *]]
[[* October 2005 *]]
[[* December 2005 *]]
[[* January 2006 *]]
[[* February 2006 *]]
[[* March 2006 *]]
[[* April 2006 *]]
[[* May 2006 *]]
[[* June 2006 *]]
[[* July 2006 *]]
[[* September 2006 *]]
[[* October 2006 *]]
[[* November 2006 *]]
[[* December 2006 *]]
[[* January 2007 *]]
[[* February 2007 *]]
[[* March 2007 *]]
[[* April 2007 *]]
[[* May 2007 *]]
[[* June 2007 *]]
[[* August 2007 *]]
[[* September 2007 *]]
[[* October 2007 *]]
[[* December 2007 *]]
[[* January 2008 *]]
[[* March 2008 *]]
[[* May 2008 *]]
[[* July 2008 *]]



*Mrs Goh!
*Chewy
*Qingzhao
*Jaymie
*Jiaho
*05s73
*06s73